SAVE OUR WEEKENDS COMMUNITY ORGANISING MEETING
5:45pm for 6pm-7:15pm 10th May 2017
Trades Hall, 4-8 Goulburn St (easy entry via 377 Sussex st)
Please bring a note donation for dinner
May Meeting Objective:
- To debrief and regather after local actions in April
- To prepare for May 23rd Community Forum in Burwood (RSVP)
- To increase the size and diversity of those participating in the community organising
- To hold each other accountable by checking in on commitments made at the last meeting
- To further the following objectives:
Campaign Objective: Demonstrate the unity of community opposition to cuts to penalty rates. To have the current cuts repealed. To run such a strong campaign that no future politician will dare touch the issue. Publicly reaffirm the community’s respect for both the weekend and those who work on the weekend, and what both provide.
SOW Community Organising Objective: To build durable, trusted, action-oriented local teams of union, faith and community leaders to take action on penalty rates and the weekend; and build power for future issues that unite civil society.
Sydney Alliance Objective: To advance the common good and achieve a fair, just and sustainable city - by providing opportunities for people to have a say in decisions that affect them, their families and everyone working and living in Sydney. To rebuild civil society by strengthening leaders and relationships and acting for the ‘Common Good’.